Common Truck Accident Injuries: What to Do Next
Road accidents are always serious, but those involving a truck can be absolutely devastating. You can suffer debilitating, permanent injuries if you are involved in an accident with such a large vehicle, especially if you are in a vehicle that’s much smaller.
Common Truck Accident Injuries
Certain injuries are more common after a truck accident. They include the following:
• Head and brain injuries: Head and brain injuries are among the most devastating and can occur due to the traumatic nature of a truck accident. In some cases, an injury can be mild, but other situations can leave a victim with a traumatic brain injury that is more serious and that can result in paralysis, brain damage or even death.
• Broken bones: Due to the sheer force of a large truck, an accident with one can leave a victim with broken bones.
• Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries can result in an accident involving a truck. Like with traumatic brain injuries, these injuries can leave a person paralyzed.
• Amputation: Truck accident injuries can be so severe that limbs can be crushed or burned. As a result, the individual may need the limb amputated.
• Burns: Burns are common injuries after a truck accident, especially when they are toting flammable substances or products.
What to Do After Suffering an Injury
If you have suffered injuries after being involved in a truck accident, you need to not only get immediate medical attention but speak with an experienced lawyer as well. An attorney knows how to deal with insurance companies and can ensure that you get the compensation you deserve for your medical expenses, ongoing treatment and care, lost wages and other damages.
If you are in North Carolina area, you need to speak with personal injury attorneys in Raleigh NC to discuss your case. The Law Offices of Karl Knudsen is here for you and you can get essential legal advice from skilled Raleigh injury lawyers. Contact the Law Offices of Karl Knudsen, personal injury attorneys in Raleigh NC to speak with Raleigh injury lawyers at your earliest convenience.